学生们 can participate in study abroad programs in more than 20 countries around the world. 培训班 in all programs are for college credit, and scholarships to help with program costs are available for those who qualify.
Study abroad programs provide life-changing academic experiences. Every program enables students to immerse themselves in another culture while visiting sites of cultural and historical importance that connect directly to the course material. Study abroad programs range from 1-3 weeks and take place over spring break and throughout the summer. Some programs include students and faculty from across Tennessee. Others are Vol State faculty-led programs with only VSCC students. The Tennessee Consortium for International Studies (TnCIS) administers both types of programs for Vol State.
In 2021, Vol State faculty are helping to lead programs in all these exciting locations. Click on the links for a virtual introduction to each destination.
- 巴西 - 探索帕拉提，巴西
- 中国 - 徒步中国的长城
- 古巴 - 探索城市哈瓦那，古巴
- 英格兰 - Take a Stroll Through Buckingham Palace in London, England
- Grand European Capitals (includes Amsterdam, Berlin, and Paris) - 攀登埃菲尔铁塔
- 爱尔兰 - Explore the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland
- 日本 - 游览日本风光
- 南非 - Meet the Penguins at Boulders Beach in South Africa
- 火鸡 - 鉴于伊斯坦布尔的折衷主义建筑
Plus, there are many more programs available through the TnCIS consortium.
学生们 who are interested in study abroad should start by reviewing available program options at tncis.org 和出席情况介绍会。
应用 deadlines will vary by program. Be sure to follow all deadlines posted on the program pages within the TnCIS website.
- Complete the TnCIS online application.
- Ask one of your Vol State professors to be your reference before you submit his or her name to TnCIS. This recommendation must be submitted by the application deadline.
- 提交 your nonrefundable $100 application fee to the 第一卷状态商务办公.
- Request an official transcript from the Vol State’s Records & 注册 Office and have it mailed to TnCIS at least two-weeks before the application deadline.
If accepted, you must register for your study abroad courses through the Vol State student portal during the normal registration period and attend the mandatory student orientation session for your program.
Unless otherwise stated in specific program requirements, students eligible for study abroad scholarships from the 国际教育 fee:
- have a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application and award date
- are in “good standing” at the time of application and award date – this includes academic and disciplinary matters
- have completed a minimum of 12 college level credit hours by the start of the program
- will be 18 years old by the start of the program
- have completed the program application by the posted deadline
To apply for a Vol State study abroad travel scholarship:
- 提交 该奖学金申请.
- Ask a Vol State professor or a work supervisor to submit 这个网上推荐表.
- Participation in a personal interview (to be scheduled after the scholarship application).
Study abroad scholarships will be based on available funds, number of applicants per program, applicant eligibility, and strength of the recommendation and interview.
学生们 may become disqualified from participation and lose their scholarship if they fail to secure a passport, complete all required documentation, satisfy payment deadlines, or meet all posted eligibility requirements.
Due to the complexity of financial aid regulations, individual students are responsible for consulting with the Vol State office of 经济资助 regarding the impact of study abroad registration, costs, and/or scholarships awarded.
In addition to the study abroad program fee, all students enrolled in Vol State faculty-led study abroad programs pay a minimum of tuition and applicable mandatory fees for the course they register for.
Vol State will not collect tuition for students enrolled in TnCIS consortium-model study abroad programs.
Information sessions about study abroad programs and scholarships are held during the academic year. Check here for available sessions.